Please see the below update from DEFRA.
‘We are writing to you now to inform you of some further information on which you may need to take action.
Importers of High Risk Food and Feed Not of Animal Origin (HRFNAO)
The European Commission has already signalled its intention to start to switch off CED notifications for HRFNAO for some Member States from Monday 27th January and asked them to start using the CHED D form. However, this does not affect the UK, so importers in the UK should continue to notify using CED in TRACES Classic, until we tell you otherwise.
All importers of HRFNAO, POAO and live animals
As we have told you previously, the European Commission has also signalled its intention to start to switch off TRACES Classic shortly. While you should continue to pre-notify using TRACES Classic for now and until we tell you otherwise, you should be ready to switchover to TRACES NT in the coming weeks. To be ready, you just need to register for TRACES NT. If you have not already registered for TRACES NT, then you should do so now – further instructions on how below.
What to do now?
- If you import HRFNAO using a CED, then continue to do so
- If you import animals, POAO or HRFNAO and are not registered for TRACES NT – register now (see below)
- If you import other goods that require pre-notification on TRACES Classic, register for TRACES NT as soon as possible
How to register for TRACES NT
- Create a new EU Login account.
- Once you have your new EU Login Account you can Request a new user access profile in TRACES.NT
- The profile you create must reflect your role and associated activities, for example as an economic operator or Border Control Post (BCP) official.
- Economic operators must choose the BCP to which they wish to be associated for registration purposes. Once registered you will be able to import through any BCP.
- BCP users should associate themselves with the appropriate Competent Authority. Requests will be validated by the Competent Authority or BCP depending on your role.
Please be aware the first user registering a new TRACES NT account will become the admin for that organisation and thereby be responsible for authorising all further users within their organisation.
Have a look at these videos on You Tube if you need more help:
For any technical help with the registration, you can email firstname.lastname@example.org‘